Panna cotta, an authentic Italian dessert, is a molded, chilled dessert, and is one of the classics in Italian cooking. It literally translates to “cooked cream”, and is as Italian as it gets! You can enjoy one of the best Panna Cotta preparations at the Olive Garden, and while you’re there, don’t forget to use olive garden coupons to get amazing discounts on your order.
Don’t want to step out, but still want to enjoy the delicacy? Worry no more; we have you covered with one of the easiest and the quickest recipes for Panna Cotta, so you can enjoy it anytime, anywhere and even make it for the upcoming dinner parties!
How to make a Panna Cotta?
Panna cotta is one of the best individuals serve desserts that are super quick to put together, requires just a handful of ingredients, and is savored by all. You can even decide the serving size, and make it as sweet, or as flavorful as you like!
To make the perfect panna cotta, it is crucial that you follow the recipe step by step, because one small error can take it from a delicacy to a disaster! Here is the tried and tested recipe:
Preparation Time:1.5 hours
You will need:
For the custard-
½ tablespoon gelatin
¼ cup cold water
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup half and half
¼ cup sugar
One teaspoon vanilla extract
Powdered sugar, fresh raspberries, and mint leaves.
Or, raspberry sauce/ caramel sauce.
- In a fresh bowl, soak the gelatin in some cold water until it gets soft, and keep it aside.
- Next, to make the custard, take a heavy bottom saucepan. To it, add the heavy cream, the half and half, and sugar, and put it on medium-high heat. Keep stirring until it comes to a simmer and then a light boil. Make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- One the custard is slightly thick, switch the flame off, and add the vanilla extract or vanilla beans to it. Next, pour in the soaked gelatin into the custard, and stir.
- The best part about a panna cotta is that you get to decide the serving size. So, divide this mixture amongst four large ramekin bowls, or 6 small ones, and pop them in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours, or ideally, overnight.
- Once chilled, remove the frozen Panna cotta over a plate, or serve it as is in the ramekin bowls.
Panna cotta tastes best with some raspberry sauce or caramel sauce drizzled on top of it.
If you want to keep it light, you can simply dust some powdered sugar over the Panna cotta, and garnish it with a couple of raspberries and some mint leaves.
Isn’t making a Panna cotta just the simplest! Follow this recipe, and you won’t have to rush to the restaurant every time you want to enjoy this amazing dessert. You can simply make it at home every time you crave it!
So, what are you waiting for? You’ll probably have all the ingredients in your pantry, so go on, make this delicious Panna Cotta and enjoy it with your family and friends!