Are you a Twitch streamer? Do you want to broadcast live streaming from another channel to your viewers? If you do, hosting is your best friend. In general, hosting is done in order to promote others who use Twitch. In addition, you can use it to keep contents flowing into your channel even when you are unable to produce your own.
But how to do it properly? In this article, I will talk about this precise matter. I will give you a thorough guide on how to host someone on Twitch. Let’s get going.
How To Host On Twitch
Auto Hosting is the most widely used way to host other streamers. You can achieve this by adding a wide range of channels into a special list. Then when you are offline, your channel will select channels from the list automatically. The channels can get chosen in order or at random.
To set up auto hosting, you need to go to settings of your Twitch channel, turn it on, and go on adding channels you want to host as per your choice. However, do not forget to save them every time, or you will lose them.
This is a very easy way to host other channels. All you need to do is to enter /host into the chat box of your own channel. Follow it with the user of the channel you wish to host.
Say, you want to host the official PAX Twitch channel, you will have to enter /host pax. Once you host a channel, you can change it up to three times, in an interval of thirty minutes. Type /unhost if you wish to stop hosting a particular channel.
The Twitch App on the Android and iOS platform can also help you in hosting. Go to the selected channel, you will find a gear icon. Click on it, you will find a drop down box. From there choose the option host and you are all set.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Hosting Another Channel:
There are certain advantages and disadvantages of hosting another channel. In this section, I will give you an idea of those factors.
- It is very much important to stay in the Live Hosts Category of the Twitch app and site. It helps you as new users find you easily. Hosting another streamer is a great way to achieve that when you do not have your own content ready.
- With this option, you can connect more with your viewers by giving them a vivid idea of what streamers do you personally like.
- Hosting another streamer helps you in promoting your channel to a specific degree. Although this is dependent on the layout of the target channel. In addition, if the streamer would mention you to show their gratitude, that comes off as really useful too.
- This is a great way to finish off your own stream. In general, most of the streamers host others at the end of their show by telling viewers to check out the other streamers channel as well. This is termed as ‘raiding’ and is a widely popular practice.
- A big problem to host others is you can not choose the subject or the game. You can only choose the user. So, you hold no control over the content the other streamer will play. This can hurt you badly if you two have a different audience aim. You can sometimes lose your viewers in extreme cases.
- Your away message would always be hidden when you are hosting someone else. Because it will only play the broadcast video that you are hosting. So, you would need to write your message somewhere else. That position might not be as effective as your own content video.
Ways To Communicate With Other Streamers So They Would Host You:
You receive a lot of exposure when you are being hosted on Twitch. So, you definitely try to get other streamers to host you on their channel. Let’s talk about some of the best ways to do that.
Asking viewers is a viable way to achieve this feat. Apart from reminding them about follow and subscribe you, also ask them to host you. You will be surprised by the result. A large number of Twitch users are actually very much interested in helping the streamers they follow themselves.
This one is probably the easiest one. Whereas asking total strangers can seem awkward to you, some of them can take it as spam as well. But, most of your friends will be delighted to host on your channel in the free time when they are not streaming.
Adding A Host List To Your Twitch Layout:
This is another great way to attract people to host you. Add a list of people who are currently hosting you on their channel. This, in turn, will attract other people who would be interested as well when they see the dynamic range of people that are already hosting you.
This is everything you need to know about how to host someone on Twitch. Now that you have the necessary knowledge, use it to your benefits. If you have any questions in mind, or if you want me to talk about something else, do let me know in the comments section below.